Nettles were a recurring theme during the weeklong intensive. We had delicious shared meals with nettle leaves and chickpeas. Nettle tea and talks about growing and using nettles. I like the tea for maintaining sinus health. In the hot summer it is delicious and thirst quenching served cold. I just stated brewing it in the sun tea jar this summer.
The paradox that something that can hurt can also heal. Care in handling and knowledge of how to harvest and use diminish the hurt and augment the healing.
Bringing the growing, preserving and use of nettles more fully into my life ... dancing with planting, harvesting, eating; remembering sweet new friends who share an affinity for the stinging nettle plant.
profound wisdom! will you share any recipes here?
ReplyDelete1 t. dried nettles / cup of cold water - put in fridge or sun to let it steep. Mostly, I make things by feel which make it hard to share a recipe - so sometimes for 12 cups of water I use only 10 t. of dried nettles and let it steep longer to make it stronger. If I use the 1:1 ratio I often end up adding plain water to my tea to make it less strong.
ReplyDelete